Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Break for Tablescapers

I think it's clear why I had coral on the tabletop yesterday, but I think I should explain about the series of seashell 'scapes.



Last weekend I went on Spring Break for tablescapers. My friend Andrea hosted a tablescape summit at her lovely home for seven of us from the Homer Laughlin China Collector's Association. The four girls who attended stayed in her guest house, affectionately known as the Beach House. The house is actually almost in the mountains, but Andrea put all of her fishy-seaside-shell-mermaid tabletop goodies in the Beach House, and I was in heaven! We had a wonderful weekend creating tablescapes and savoring delicious meals together. Andrea even sent us home with an amazing custom Fiesta piece in a pattern that we've dubbed Andrea B. I'm debuting this beautiful ivory oval platter with gold and chocolate bands on another Ivan Bartlett shell cloth in celebration of our Spring Break together as the very first guests in the Beach House!















The bands are very reminiscent of the vintage Fiesta cake serving set that can be found with maroon or green bands on ivory. Let's take another look.









The brass shells on the oval platter are actually place card holders. The mother-of-pearl napkin rings are a gift from another dear Fiesta friend. The Lenox Eternal gold flatware is from our wedding registry. The pink shell dishes are by Hall.







I usually go for bright colors, but the subtle shells on these Ivan Bartlett cloths really capture seaside colors.







I think this cloth is the perfect linen for the first appearance of Andrea B on my tabletop.



Thank you, Andrea, for such a special piece of Fiesta and a fabulous dish weekend! Thank you, friends, for being the perfect tablescape partners!

3 comments:

  1. So very lovely D. You did your Andrea B's proud with this special tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect cloth to introduce your AndreaB's! I love that colorway, and it's truly the perfect accent!

    ReplyDelete