Saturday, May 7, 2011

Focus on Florals

I'm still working on posting pre-blog tablescapes and tablecloth photos. Each cloth needs its own post so that I can have a link to add to my Tablecloth Database. Today seems like a good day to focus on florals, given that we have May flowers, Mother's Day, the Run for the Roses, etc.

Here's an Easter tablescape from 2009 that uses a tropical tablecloth I purchased at a shop in Waltham, Massachusetts in my early days of collecting vintage linens. The burgundy and turquoise patter is a great background for yellow Harlequin.













This tablescape appeared in the Spring 2009 issue of The Dish, the publication of the Homer Laughlin China Collector's Association in an article on Spring tablescapes. I also have my very own set of notecards featuring this table thanks to my friend David!

No comments:

Post a Comment