Friday, February 25, 2011

Under the Sea in Marigold

I'm working on a little Tabletop side project, and I need to give these marigold fish their very own post! I hope you enjoy revisiting this table from September~

I've been waiting to make this marigold/turquoise/pink tabletop for a very long time. The individual fish-shaped casseroles are vintage Chicken of the Sea premiums. It's challening to find a set in four colors with the metal holders...hence the wait! I was thrilled to add this set to my pottery collection earlier this summer.











This tabletop is less elaborate than the others, but I wanted to keep the emphasis on the individual casseroles. The Harlequin relish tray and candleholders make a strong centerpiece. The relish tray rests on a Crate & Barrel ruffled cake server. This piece has chipped over the years, but I still enjoy it.







Other items on this table include Libbey striped glasses, Oneida Deauville flatware, Harlequin plates, Chicken of the Sea salt & pepper shakers and Ikea napkins.

This tablecloth also comes in a lilac/chartreuse and pink/gray versions. Please do post a comment if you have seen this cloth in another colorway or have any information about the manufacturer.

You can read the original post for this tablescape in Fish Three Ways.

2 comments:

  1. Perfection in its simplicity. Love those little fish casseroles. Glad you found one of each color. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fish casseroles and S&P! Don't you miss that companies don't give away items like this any more? So much fun:@)

    ReplyDelete