Sunday, December 12, 2010

Poinsettias Past and Present Part Two

I found this vintage rayon tablelcoth in Maine last spring, and I've been looking forward to using it with lemongrass Fiesta dinnerware ever since that lucky day in the antique shop. I'm sharing these poinsettias for Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper.





The garden center calls this variagated poinsettia "Glitter." What a great name!





The poinsettia Fiesta luncheon plate was offered by Belk department stores in 2006. This design is my very favorite Fiesta holiday decal.







The green glassware is a T.J. Maxx find. The red ones are Villeroy & Boch, and the cordial glasses are from Crate & Barrel.



It's not always easy to use a patterned dish with a patterned tablecloth, but these blooms are well suited to the challenge! Do you see the red box with Bakelite handles resting on the Hoosier? It holds the vintage Oneida Deauville flatware used in the placesettings.









Thanks for letting me share my Christmas flowers for this Seasonal Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Lemongrass just has that extra zing! Now I wish I hadn't sold my poinsettia plates! Living vicariously through you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that combination just pops! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of all your Poinsettias, I've always loved the Crate and Barrel placemats the best ... but I think this new cloth is really my top choice now. It is just beautiful D! And Lemongrass was made for this cloth.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete