Monday, December 20, 2010

Fiesta of Christmas Past

I started collecting Fiesta in 1998. Here's a look back at the exclusive Christmas pattern for the Mercantile department stores from that year.



Do you remember shopping at the Mercantile stores before they were purchased by Dillard's? As a new Fiesta collector, I was so excited to find these mugs at the Gayfers department store in Tallahassee, Florida.



I found the luncheon plates on ebay this year and purchased the chili bowls from a good dish buddy.









The other Fiesta pieces on the table are some of the first pieces I collected, including the licensed go-along striped glassware. The flatware is a mixture of vintage Bakelite and Oneida Deauville. The napkins are vintage. The tablecloth is contemporary.





This egg basket makes a simple but shimmering centerpiece when filled with glass ornaments for a pastel tabletop for two! I'm pleased to be sharing this miniscape for Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Through Life.

Christmas is nearly here, and the tabletop will be celebrating this week with many more 'scapes to come. Please stop back by for Tablescape Thursday and special posts for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!

6 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty. I love your Christmas dishes, such pretty colors, and your basket full of ornaments is so pretty. Thanks so much for linking to TTT and I wish you and all your family a very Blessed Christmas. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many dishes, so little time! This is very unexpected but quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I love Fiesta! Great pieces and a great table :)

    Merry CHRISTmas!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Daphne. Candy had the same coffee pot on her post yesterday and here it is again (different color). I don't remember seeing it before yesterday. I wish Santa would bring me one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those christmas plates, bowls and cups! So cute with the trees and stars, I want those!
    I am your newest follower and found you from A Stroll Thru Life!

    http://rainybutterfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can someone tell me what the Christmas Plates should sell for? I have a set of 8. They are the 9" plates....thanks.

    ReplyDelete