Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spring Fiesta

Why are these people dancing?



To welcome the new season, of course! And every party needs some music.



This table greets Spring with post-86 Fiesta dinnerware square dinner plates in scarlet and individual oval bakers in lemongrass.



Bonton had a fabulous sale on-line on Easter Sunday. If you enjoy post-86 Fiesta, you really must sign up for their email alerts! I was so pleased to add these two shapes in these colors. I think the square plate is the perfect underliner for the casserole, which can even be used as a cream soup!





The centerpiece features a Fiesta sunflower vase, scarlet salt & pepper shakers and an "aftermarket" condiment set that combines the mini-pitcher in lemongrass with the child's teaset sugar dish in sunflower on a scarlet relish tray.



This tablecloth, manufactured by Exclusive, is from the early 1940's, probably during the war years. The fading on the faces of the characters indicates that the linen was printed during the time when fugitive dyes were all that was available for consumer use due to the war effort. The colors invite a few vintage items to join the contemporary Fiesta. Here's a butter dish from Homer Laughlin's Jade line glazed in Fiesta cobalt for use in the ensemble sets that sold Fiesta and Riviera service for 8 or 12.



The Oneida Deauville silver plate is right at home on this tabletop.

The glass items are another blend of old and new. The sherbert dishes are vintage Hazel Atlas Moderntone. The egg cups are contemporary Luminarc from France. The ruby juice glasses are vintage Anchor Hocking Royal Ruby. These pieces really glisten in the morning light.

Whether you like to greet the warm weather with a party or a quiet meditation, I hope you enjoyed this edition of Tabletop Time!



Please do stop by Between Naps On the Porch for another Tablescape Thursday.

21 comments:

  1. Very colorful, I always look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words! I hope you'll continue coming to the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 1940s table cloth and the Fiesta ware go perfectly together. Very festive and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love this table!!! I think all of the primary colors are exciting and inviting....just makes you smile. I do not own any fiesta ware, but the thought keeps swirling around in my brain. Thanks for the tip on BonTon...I will definitely sign up. These colors would be so perfect on my sunporch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Wonderful colors. I have several books of old tablecloths; great ideas for designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tablesetting! I too am a collector of post-86. I am really like the new pieces that HL is making for this line. Thanks for posting and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just love the colors! Makes me want some good ole' mexican food! Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty I love the vintage cloth and the fiesta. The red square plates are so cool. Some red plates would be fun. Thanks for sharing.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ♥♥♥ your cheery table. What a fantastic vintage tablecloth...the dishes match perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun, cheery table. I love all the colors of Fiestaware! I like your tablecloth too. It's perfect for your tablescape! So glad I stopped by!!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun and colorful table! I love all of the colors of Fiesta and wish I had started collecting years ago. The tablecloth is great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have the most amazing collection of vintage linens, and your Fiesta dishes are perfect with them. LOVE these shapes and colors featured today! This is a perfect Cinco de Mayo table!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How perfect is that table!!! It just screams Cinco de Mayo. Fabulous tablecloth and the Fiestaware is perfect with it. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty tablecloth, great dancer in amazing colors.

    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  15. That tablecloth is stupendous. It's so California in the 1940s I cannot stand it. The Homer and Fiesta really doll it up. But what a treasure you have. -- Jane F.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely love it - very pretty! You have a great eye....

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the tablecloth with that Mexican design and the bright colored dishes. Very nice.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome to the table, everyone! I'm so glad you stopped by. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your table setting. It is just wonderful. I just love the tablecloth and the china that goes with it so Fiesta -ish....I am a new follower to your blog. I hope you have a chance to come say hi. Cheers, Lia

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely table! And I'm so glad you shared your knowledge and provided the history of all your dishes -- and that absolutely wonderful tablecloth. I think the tablecloth is my favorite, with the napkins a close second -- the red stitching on the white napkins is visually intriguing and a perfect "surprise" on your table (someone once told me that beauty was symmetry and a surprise)! Great table!

    ReplyDelete